Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Joy of the Holidays...

I woke up this morning in a mood to just write, I didn't have anything in particular that I wanted to write about but the need took me so here I am!

It's almost Christmas! This is without a doubt my favorite time of year, I am particularly excited this year because we are all heading up to the fabulous Pacific Northwest to spend New Years with my whole extended family... This will be the first trip up there for Kevin, James and Johnny in over 3 years and they are pretty excited. I have all of my decorations up and the tree is decorated with lots of presents for everyone I love under it. I love to just turn all of the house lights out and have just the Tree and the other Christmas lights on and just sit and listen to Christmas music and think. I've been doing a lot of that lately!

I had another craft fair this past weekend (my last this year) and it went very well! Sure the economy is slow but everyone was in a lot more upbeat frame of mind then they have been at other shows. I know that the economy is REALLY bad but it is good to see people not letting that get them down!

Last night 2 of my dogs discovered where I hid their stocking stuffers (hey they are part of the family too!!) and I had a heck of a time getting the glow in the dark ball away from Ratchet! My receipt envelope has mysteriously "disappeared" and I am fairly certain it will just magically reappear once the person who is a peeker figures out which gifts on the receipts are theirs... but in all honesty I don't care about things like that this year, I am just to happy and content to let little stuff like that ruffle me! I will be with my whole family (except Jackie, she has to stay here and work... very sad) and there is nothing better than that!

I think what I really want to say here today is that I hope you, my readers, have a joyful and safe holiday season... May you have everything you want, want everything you have and be surrounded by those you love and those who love you.

No comments: