Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wow what a week!

Last Saturday I had a booth at a Colorado State Fairgrounds craft fair and all things considered I did pretty well, I am pretty sure I would have done better if Obama hadn't been doing a rally in the same town at the exact same time as my show! But hey, what are you going to do?

I learn something new every show I do... I am finally starting to get over being shy, shy people sell nothing! I have gotten more and more comfortable engaging my customers in light conversation, I don't want to come across as a used car salesman but I do want them to know that I truly appreciate them taking the time to stop and look at my items, whether they buy anything or not... and I DO appreciate it! I have also learned about the strange phenomenon of no visitors equals no visitors... this is odd; if there is no one in front of my booth looking at things then it is hard to get someone to stop but if just one person stops then they come in droves... very odd... guess people figure something isn't worth looking at if no one else is looking at it too?!?! I also learned that the people who do the craft fairs are a pretty decent bunch of people, everyone there was very warm and friendly, and totally helpful! I got a lead on at least 2 shows in the future and I finally took the leap and paid the money for Craft Masters News (at the urging of another vendor) And I am very glad I did! I got the idea for a new display for my stuff from another jewelry seller, I spoke to her on the phone (she is great!) and she told me to USE IT!! I had a LOT more stuff for this show and my table had so much stuff on it that it was a bit crowded, hopefully this new display idea will help!

Do I even need to mention the election?????

If you are in Pueblo, Colorado on the 15th or 16th of November come to the Pueblo Fairgrounds and see me!! I would love to hear that someone local read my blog!

No comments: